I want to make movies.
Movies about life. About the human condition. About us.
I attended the Savannah College of Art and Design, where I majored in Video and Photography. (SCAD's Video department is now known as the Film department.)
Since this was pre-digital, the toolset was pretty crude. And since I was already hooked on creating digital media, analog just didn't work for me… and I think that's part of why I've spent so much time with the web.
But today, it's a different story. Aspiring filmmakers have access to unbelievable technology. There really are no limits.
Films I’ve worked on
The world will never be the same once you've seen it through the eyes of Forrest Gump.
Directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Tom Hanks, Sally Field, and Gary Sinise, the film followed a slow, but sweet-hearted man on his serendipitous journey through America history.
As a production assistant, I can, of course, take complete credit for the film's success.
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is the film adaptation of the best-selling novel by John Berendt.
The film was directed by Clint Eastwood, and stars Kevin Spacey, John Cusack, and Jude Law.
I worked as the Transportation Office Coordinator.
Films I’d like to make
I can't spill the beans on ideas I'm developing, but here's what I'd like to do:
- Unforgettable visuals.
- New narrative structures. Audiences are smart… they'll figure it out.
- No monkeys. (When's the last time you saw a good monkey movie? Exactly.)
- No dumb motorcycle scenes. (See Paycheck, MI-2, Supercross, etc.)
- Little to no CGI. I'm tired of virtual actors, digital facelifts, battles with 100,000 soldiers, and impossible camera moves.
- Cast forgotten actors and actress. Ok, Tarantino pioneered this approach, but damn it, there are some really amazing people out there.
- Cast new faces. "No stars… just talent." ; )
- Make most of my movies far, far away from Los Angeles.
- Never make a special edition of anything.
- Shoot in real places that haven't been on screen before.
I'm planning to make a short film in the near future. Also thinking about doing some podcasting. Stay tuned!